Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm counting back / the number of the steps

Progress has been made on the super-secret Murray-Green Baby-on-the-way gift.

I am loving it so much, that I'm actually going to be running a Weekend Long (!) SNB in May to get some of my fellow Lovelies (The Gardeness, @scarletgashes, Rach, and a few others, knitting in the round, joining in new colors with confidence, and learning a thing or three about The Importance of Blocking.

I managed to unload probably an eighth of my stash on Corinne (she's a sucker for the greens, I tell you!) which has freed up some space in my father's old seachest. This is notable, because we are moving again. Or, at least, it is certainly looking that way. Oh man, the plans I have for the garden. And the Stash.

Gary has promised that my spinning wheel (Sgt. Hannah, for those acquainted) can live in public space so that I may use it in the company of Folk, and not be relegated to a tower, like the girl in Rumplestiltzkin.
Excitement!

The Slackers and Ruder Than You are playing at The Note tonight, which is pretty awesome.


In other news, tomorrow is both the Vernal Equinox and the day of my birth. I will be all of twenty-seven years old. That's really something.