Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh, Snap, I done Lost My Mind!

No really! I might have.
Sgt. Carl procured two skeins of Alchemy Yarns of Transformation (yes, that really is their company name, and I daresay, it is warranted) --- Haiku is the name of this stuff, and I have to say it is amazing. I also got the perfume I love, because Sgt Carl "takes care of his womens".

I will post a picture later tonight.

So what, pray, shall I do with this glorious yarn?
I will do THIS, because I am, oh my goodness, Crazy.

I'm fairly inexperienced with lacework. Eunny Jang's patterns are all so, so very, beautiful, and I'm both excited (because it will be so pretty!) and terrified (what if I ruin this lovely gifted yarn with my ineptitude and lack of yarn experience?! Oh god, get me a paper bag to breathe into...)

So this will be a heavily documented process. Just ignore me when I threaten self-injury. I probably don't even really mean it.

I just looked at the level of involvement of an Invisible Lace Cast-On and I already sort of want to die. So I'm pretty stoked! Challenges are exciting, right?

Of course they are!

The only thing holding me back is that I need to wait to begin the project until I can order the friggin needles from KnitPicks, since I am, obviously, addicted.

Also, spring is awesome. For the record.