Friday, October 10, 2008

Don't be a lobster / Friends are best!

I am a terrible bloggeress. No cookie for me.

However! This has been a busy 10 months! I have moved in with philosophy people (Donovan, Corinne, and thee famous Antonomous) along with several floofs (Sebastian and Dr. Patchwork of Tweekin). I'm ridiculously happy!

I am not doing my thesis anymore! Instead? Comprehensive exams, and attempts to adjunct with a Mistress' Degree, upon their completion.

I have been devoting serious time to my craftworks, and have completed at least 20 projects over the last 10 months. All of which have been gifted away, but I'm hoping for some forth-coming pictures.

The list right now:
- Finish Second Red Sock of Beauteous Simplicity (pour moi, bien sur!)
- Jayne Hat for Sergeant Carl -- Before Yule, as his last wish before being sent to Iraq is to vomit Egg Nog over our balcony wearing said hat. Needz Yarnz for dis. Also? Pom-poms! Great fun!
- Fingerless and knuckled Gloves for D-van.
- Glamourous scarf for Queen Gaby. CROCHET! Oh yeah. I learnt it gooder!
- Still haven't done that man-scarf for Antonomous.

My main goal is to deplete the stash, right now. I also have to seriously consider beginning to sell projects, great or small, in order to fund stash renewal goals. I made a serious score at a yard sale a while back... for $7 I got seven stuffed gallon ziplocks of fiber, roving, handspun (by yardsaler) and commercial yarn of quite lovely quality. Queen Gaby's scarf is largely coming out of that stash and my own handspun efforts from years ago. Sergeant Carl is procuring a real live spinning wheel pour moi, la petite knitrice! C'est vrai! Je suis tres heureuse! Totally sweet.

I want to become more involved in the fiber commuknitty. Knetworkz iz importunt. There are a few blogs that I read eagerly (presentsknits, yarnharlot, and Eunny, mostly) but I should stop being so shy about my interest in their projects and progress. I'm an accomplished knitter, I just don't know where to begin when it comes to designing. So I just accumulate skills. I turn a mean heel! And can finish socks at rates that defy reason, given enough techno, gimmecoffee, and the lovesac (c).

Self-reliance! Commuknitty! Focus!