Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yay! Illness!

I've been sick, the last two days. It has been awesome.

Since last we spoke, dear bloglet, I have done the following:

Renamed the Ruby socks:to World Series Socks. Because they are red, and Philadelphia has finally won something! They look like this (See Right)












I turn a mean heel. It's true! Lookit!













I have also started Connor's sweater. He has named it the "Sweater of Destiny". Mostly, it is a modification of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Seamless Hybrid sweater (from Knitting Without Tears). It will probably end up having an obnoxious manly shawl collar (a la "Piers" from Rowan's Vintage Style pattern book) and some sort of wintery motif (I'm thinking trees? Reindeer?) across the super-manly chest. Note the strong, masculine language. Yeah. That's for Connor.

I cast on 180 stitches of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool and knit for an hour and a half while watching the BBC Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1988) (My favorite movie). I've done about an hour today on it and here's what's finished so far:

I think Connor is going to like it. This will be my first sweater project in a while. I'm pretty psyched. Also, design plans are in the works for Sergeant Carl's Jayne Cobb Hat. Woo. I'm a machine, despite my crippling stomach pain!
Fear me.