Monday, October 13, 2008

Exhaling the wail of black widowhood's toll /Waxing eternal night entered Her soul

Cradle of Filth's "Cruelty and the Beast" is ridiculous and amazing.
An Elizabeth Bathory concept album with a true aria? So Eff'n Sweet.
In other news, Sooz and I are going to see Danzig on Tuesday night.

Gonna fix teh sewing machine monster when I get home from work tonight. I dumpster dove that thing with Adamantium probably 5 years ago now, and it worked for a bit. It is a circa 1950 Kenmore 158-120 that folds into a table. Perhaps pictures will be posted upon my victorious belt changing apres la travaille. -- Oh, and I shall pay at least some of my bills. Ok. Two.

The Pumpkin Pie Scarf is almost done -- it should be complete and fully blocked before I have to leave for Pittsburgh on Friday morning --- holycrapSPEP, Batman! I have a fun plan for the fringey bits. MMMMmmm Fringey bits.

Tried my hand at a little lacework idea generating. I think I need to know more about the mechanics of my stitches. It is a strange thing to have done something for sixteen years and not learnt much about how it actually works. In my defense, I was ten years old and Nana didn't see fit to explain to me the structural differences between K2tog and S1, K1, PSSO. I just knew that S1K1PSSO is way more fun to do than K2tog. I was TEN! But NOW! I'm 26, rapidly approaching 27-with-a-mistress'-degree-in-philosophy and have grandiose plans for a charter school and/or fiber arts empire of epic proportions.

How do I learn the things I need to know. I have a bunch of ideas, but my efforts at trial and error never seem to pan out in any meaningful way. I need advice. *whisper* perhapsIshallgetupthenervetoemailalex?*


I will have a good think while I scan in this coursepack for Professor L. and try to obtain the copyrights to reprint it. I mean, I don't even know what to ask. Le Sigh.

Also, HOLYCRAP All Hallows Eve is coming, and I NEED a pink wig. I'm going as Jem from Jem and the Holograms. Eighties-tastic.