Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am the girl anachronism

Dear self,
Don't be such a jerk.
Seriously. You are a pretty gentle person the vast majority of the time, but you have these moments when you are so insensitive! Knock it off.

Also? No more using other people's sweater patterns. Unless they're vintage, and you've fact-checked them. Because there is just not a market out there for hand knit items in 36/25/47. You will only end up frustrated, disappointed, and tearful if you think that any pattern in a book someone managed to SELL to people will lend itself to your freakish freakish figure. Elizabeth Zimmerman will save you. That and your crazy math skills, eye for creative texture-work, and a set of US size 6 aluminum circular Addi turbos in various lengths. Or some of those needles from Knit Picks. How I covet them.

Discouragedly yours,
-Self.

In other news, I have the basic motif worked out for the first of the Twin Peaks sweater series:
and I'm working on getting the proportions between the waist/hip ribbing and the bodice. It needs to drape correctly, which I know can be hard to manage with fair isle, since it alters the tension so dramatically. I'll have to work up a nice-sized swatch to make sure it works. I'm also not sure about yarn choice. I'll get on knittersreview, and see what happens. Mull it over.